Saturday, March 21, 2015

Gettin On the Resistance Band Bandwagon

474187c054aca7b7f332cbf1c0d91dde50625c1bf4a8744cb1 Today's post is about resistance bands, mainly because I'm going to be reviewing a set on my other blog Rotties Reviews (www.rottiesreviews.blogspot.com). Sorry for the shameless plug snuck in there but you gotta try.

So, Im getting these bands from Urban Fit, and to be honest, I had to google what they are for and what they do. I have learned that they basically are used for strength training and to tone your muscles. I have been doing all cardio since I started this journey to get fit and decided to give these a whirl just to mix it up a little bit. I have heard before that its good to change it up between cardio and strength training and after googling resistance band exercises I feel like these may be something I can do. I found a site which I am going to list here in a second, that has 6 different exercises using resistance bands. When  you google "resistance band exercises" there are a plethora of YouTube videos and the like. All of them very fit looking muscular people doing  these incredible exercises. I'm looking at these people that look like they go to the gym 5 to 7 days a week and thinking "Who are you kidding?" Seriously they need to show some of us fat people doing beginner exercises so we can be motivated. Hmmmm maybe I see a YouTube video star in myself in the future lol.

I found this one site http://www.realsimple.com/health/fitness-exercise/workouts/resistance-band-exercises that does look like something I can attempt. Of course I'm going to hide in my bedroom with the door shut the few times first so no one can see me. I look like a fool enough on my own when I trip over my two feet. I can just imagine letting go of one of these bands and having it snap back and hit me in the butt or worse. I'll injure my pride in private thank you very much. When I get the bands and test them out, I'll give you all my review and let you know if its something you should try. I was thinking of getting a couple of 5lb dumbells but I think this might be easier and definitely more portable. I can pack these in my suitcase when I go on trips like that big wedding I'm heading to in June.

Anyway thats my informative post for today, but I will be blogging again tomorrow as it is weigh in day. Im excited to see how I'm doing as I started supplements and a (ICK) colon clease. Boyyyyy does THAT work hahahaha. I will leave you with that  happy little visual.

Xoxoxoxoxo
Rottie

No comments:

Post a Comment